Best practices for running a jazz program and rebuilding your jazz band in
Best practices for running a jazz program and rebuilding your jazz band in the post lockdown era.
The Central Valley Jazz Educators Conference returns on July 2, 2022 at Fresno City College.
What does the post lockdown jazz band look like to you? Maybe you have reduced numbers and have uncommon instrumentation. Perhaps you started your career during the lockdown, and this isn’t what you thought you had to be prepared for. Maybe you are studying music education and wonder, “What if they ask me to run a jazz program?” This year’s Central Valley Jazz Educators Conference aims to help you out.
Join us on Saturday, July 2, 2022, at Fresno City College for a day that can support your success in the future. Paul Lucckesi and Anne Hendrickson will be presenting topics that you can use in today’s reality.
- What are best practices for running the jazz band?
- How do you develop a new program from the ground up?
- What is their process for deciding what music is a best fit for the instrumentation and skill level at hand?
- How can sight-reading be a tool to build a better program?
- How do you develop a strong rhythm section and help them succeed?
- How do you handle it when the band has an incomplete or non traditional instrumentation?
- How can you help them succeed with improvisation?
- What new ideas might infuse new energy into my program and my students?
- What are the burning questions you have for your colleagues/ seasoned jazz educators?
FREE LUNCH is included for pre registered attendees.
EARN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDIT
Event runs from 8:30 am – 4:40pm.
Bring your instrument.
The cost to attend is $50 if you register in advance, $60 on the day of the event, and $20 for students. Students will be refunded at the door of the event. That’s right – STUDENTS CAN ATTEND FOR FREE by preregistering so we can have a head count in advance. What a deal!
Please don’t delay, sign up now. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Sponsored by JazzFresno, Fresno City College, CMEA and KFSR 90.7.
Year Around Event (2022)
Fresno City College Music Building
1101 E University Ave
The cost to attend is $50 if you register in advance, $60 on the day of the event, and $20 for students. Students will be refunded at the door of the event. That’s right – students can attend for FREE by preregistering so we can have a head count in advance. What a deal!