This is the time of year when we ask you to support the work we are doing at JazzFresno. But first, we would like to have you ask yourself this question: What is it in the JazzFresno mission that makes you care enough to offer financial support?
To help you answer that question, first you should know that our mission is to support jazz performance and education in the Valley. In 2018, we took a number of steps toward strengthening that commitment. Among them:
- The launch of our new website at jazzfresno.org that features a redesigned jazz calendar. Now, you have a place to go to find out what’s happening when it comes to local jazz (and there is a lot happening!).
- A new student jazz calendar, developed in conjunction with the jazz studies leaders at both Fresno City College and Fresno State. You will be amazed at what these kids are doing!
- A soon-to-be program we are developing with KFSR where you will hear about these events on the radio!
- Our new Thursday night “Behind the Music” series, coming in January, that will offer you insights into the jazz world from the perspective of the jazz musician.
- A continued focus on providing you with world-class presentations and performances in our Jazz at the Library series.
- A persistent emphasis on jazz education through our We Got The Beat and Milestones Youth Jazz Workshop programs, including two summer camps, as well as the sponsorship of our annual Jazz Educators Conference.
In addition, we also made the decision to bring on a volunteer executive director. We believe this will help us to coordinate our efforts and work even more effectively in the community.
So, if you can point to any of the above and say, “Yes! That is why JazzFresno deserves my support”, then please take a few minutes to visit the support section of this website, and become an investor in our commitment to the Valley jazz scene. Your gift is 100 percent tax deductible.
The JazzFresno Board of Directors
p.s. We have a goal of 50 “sustaining investors.” You can read more about that program at the link above. We sincerely hope you will join us!